HAPPY NEW YEAR! We hope you are well rested and had a great holiday. The team at
NPC is ready to keep San Francisco parks a top priority in 2010! We would love your help!
The staff at NPC will be working toward a number of exciting milestones, and continuing our important initiatives and advocacy work in the new year. You can look forward to:
- PlayDay 2010: NPC will kick off the next round of reports cards for the City’s 144 playgrounds, which will identify the best places for our kids to play and where the city can do better in providing safe playgrounds.
- NPC is also working to gather suggestions and implement creative solutions to help address the budget challenges for the Recreation and Park Department. We are committed to helping preserve core services for our neighborhood parks.
- Building on the success of our 2009 Open Space Workshops, NPC remains committed to ensure City policy is real and action oriented. Our efforts lead San Francisco’s vision for today, tomorrow and the next 100 years.
What can you do to help?
NPC needs YOUR help to achieve our goals. Your donation directly supports staff time for volunteer training, advocacy, research and coalition building.
- $100 will allow NPC to be the voice of parks at City Hall
- $250 will allow NPC to help train the next generation of open space advocates
- $500 will allow NPC to expand the impact of ParkScan by raising awareness and training community members on its uses
- $1000 will allow NPC to work directly with volunteers in park-deficient neighborhoods to help them craft a plan for more parks close to home
Please consider donating to Neighborhood Parks Council today, and get us started off on the right foot! You can make a secure donation by visiting www.sfnpc.org/donate. If you need assistance, please feel free to call Anita at 415-621-3260 and she will be happy to help.
On the behalf of the NPC staff, Board of Directors, volunteers and myself, we hope you have a prosperous new year.
Meredith Thomas, Executive Director